Wednesday 23 May 2012

DJ Megan Release

                                                                     Megan Release

     This week in SLifestyles, I am honored to host an old friend of mine. She's a successful club owner, DJ, and manager here in SL. The free shows, drinks and eye candy have been perks of being friends with with her, but also, its her amazing and interesting personality that have kept me around as my rise to media superstardom continues to skyrocket. 


SLifesyles: You met me a long time ago. How long into our first conversation did you think to yourself, "Hooolllyyy this girl is going to go places"?
Megan Release:  About 5 seconds into the conversation. I knew you were a rising star!!


SLifestyles: Most people can tell just by looking but as soon as I speak, it's freaking obvious. I'm hotter than I was back then. Don't you agree?
MR:  Oh yes. In fact you're just as cute.


SLifestyles: Cute is one of many accepted descriptions of me. Sexy, beautiful, genius are some others. What percentage of your success do you credit to my inspiring presence in your life?
MR:  Hmm, I would say from about 17 to 17 1/2%


SLifestyles: I don't think that was the best question to throw in a joke, but whatever. I'm sure after this interview is released, it'd be more like 117%. Ok, so they are telling me I need to ask question more about you and what you do here. You don't hide you are a lesbian. You have never hit on me. Is all this success, an attempt to make it to my level, so I may consider sleeping with you?
MR:  Well I decided to hold back as I did not want to overwhelm you with more success.


SLifestyles: Hmm that is a possibility. It's hard to keep up with the fame sometimes. I'll accept that reason. By the way....I soo would. Well now they tell me I cant ask questions with anything to do with me, so why dont you tell us about the clubs you own and manage
MR:  I own, run and manage g.h.o.s.t. Gothic and Industrial All Female Club. Built it as well. I am also the head DJ Manager for Zapp Club.


SLifestlyes: So you'd start something and make it all pretty much about you.....vain. What benefits come from DJing in SL?
MR:  I get to buy new music constantly. I get to share the music with the crowd as well as beatmatch the music. I find it at times to bring about chills as the music is fresh and when the mixes are spot on, there is no feeling like it. I love the creative aspects as well. There is no set planned, I just have to know the music. Also, I get to interact with the crowd. Sometimes it's quite amazing.


SLifestyles: Wow, alot of I's there, Megan. I know it might sound hard to have such success and not be full of yourself, but just use me as an example of how to stay grounded. Those goth chicks are pretty freaky. Even keep one under your booth for a little "fun at work"?
MR:  You know that is funny you ask that (laughs). It has happened before, but they volunteered to slip under there. Of course nothing happens... I am quite innocent.


SLifestyles: For all the unsuccessful out there (not that either of us would know about that), how does a club become and remain successful?
MR:  It's not an easy endeavor. If you are in it for the money, forget it. In SL, owning and running a club is out of sheer will, determination, and the love and thrill of seeing your hard work make others happy. My suggestion is, to find a niche club theme, stick with that and never give up. Plus, you have to be ready to deal with the dramas it can sometimes nourish, that alone could kill a club. Be smart in your marketing as well, I've seen some horrible marketing methods, the results can be seen. One more thing, you will have ups and downs. As long as you keep at it, and accept that, you will survive.


SLifestyles: I heard you had a biker dyke sugga mama that funds it, but if you say so. If a goth got stuck outside in a heat wave for some unforeseen circumstances and got their pale skin tanned. Do you think they would be accepted by their friends anymore?
MR: To be honest, sure. It's those tanning booths you have to watch out for. Try going to Burning Man. You'll see gothic girls at times. Mostly at night.


Slifestyles: Well, the freaks DO come out at night. I thought "Burning Man" was the original name of Lillith Fair. When you aren't working in SL, how do you like to spend your time?
MR:  Avoiding real life work, reading, DJing clubs, traveling, hanging out at cemetaries where the dead died in the 1920s.


SLifestyles: So you're into older, super pale chicks that wear black....gotcha. How many piercings do you have?
MR:  I have 7.


SLifestyles: For a girl who don't like guys, you sure like being pricked. Did a guy ever tempt you?
MR: (laughs) No. I have male and TS  friends who are sweet and kind.


SLifestyles: If two girls fell in love and one of them became a furry, are they still considered lesbians?
MR:  Furbians? It's 50/50


SLifestyles: I guess, as long as its a pussy, its all good. List these 3 things in order of scariest thought:

1. Marrying a fat, hairy drunk guy and never thinking about a woman sexually again
2. Losing all your piercings and tattoos. Wearing pretty manicured nails, pink dresses, heels, new implants, and bleached blonde hair for the rest of your time. 
3. Logging on and getting a notice that you are on probation. You cant go contact or go near your friends, clubs....anything you like on sl right now
MR:  The list does not move hehe.

SLifestyles: You are Wiccan. Tell us a little explanation of what this is?
MR:  I am proud of the craft and it's deep connections of goddess Earth. I choose the grey path. Basically, it is freedom, mysterious and fulfilling. Magik or magic, is a huge part of it which is celebrated through ritual. The belief in dualism, such as good and evil is present but we know it's two sides to one coin. That's the grey. We find this also in the triple goddess. We look at other deities from other religions as one in the same, no differences except cultural. We also strongly find one's actions to result in reactions. So if you harm another, harm befalls onto you. It's more complicated then what I write here. "an it harm none, do what ye will"..... It is a very natural way to follow, peaceful and free. Some call is purveyors of witchcraft, so be it but as with most mysterious ways, the mainstream portrays us as old hags hunched over boiling kettles of dead frogs. A fanciful fantasy I must say.

SLifestyles: Am I supposed to say Amen or something? Sounds kinda hippy....and I always thought those hags that everyone were scared of, were the cool witches. Ever cast a spell on a real jerk?
MR:  A Real Jerk was mean to me, he/she got what they deserved. But really, I do not need to resort to that, as I observe how their wasted energies turn on them.

SLifestyles: Sweet. You can watch Karma kick them in the nuts through your crystal ball. While watching Wizard of OZ, did you ever kinda hoped that Dorothy got bitch slapped by the Wicked Witch?
MR:  Actually, the wicked witch is the hidden symbolism of banking/banks and Dorthy is the hidden symbolism of the depressed and struggling populace/masses against a new form of tyranny. You can see for free the Secret Of Oz on youtube. So my answer to this question is: Poor Dorthy has been slapped enough by that witch!

SLifestyles: I bet if she had acted like a smarty pants, like some people I know, the Wicked Witch would have took her out. For the lesbians interested, if they got in the shower with you, would anything bad happen?
MR:  Hehe, nothing but a good clean bath, which is what I prefer to a dirty shower

SLifestyles: If you had said, "If a girl got in the shower with me, she would melt...on my face!!", g.h.o.s.t traffic would've probably tripled. Are you single? If so, what kinda of girl would capture your heart?
MR:  I am currently single in SL. Hmm, a girl that is interesting, fun, smart, funny and trustworthy. Oh and lots of tattoos and a secret Suicide Girl.

SLifestyles: Yeah, those freaky bitches make me tingleA goth wardrobe is basically black and skin. How do you keep you look fresh in SL?
MR: The fresh part is tough because we like dead roses. Honestly, I love to be able to get creative with clothing and fashion. The more creative, outlandish, and scary, the more I feel at home. In SL you can mix and match for hours, sometimes I go crazy because the combinations are endless. I don't like pre made outfits, though sometimes for a quick wardrobe change, they suffice.

SLifestyles: I'm Catholic. Do  Jehovah's Witnesses annoy you when they come to your house as much as me?
MR:  I wait for them to visit, because then I can talk to them about the Church Of The Subgenius and the praising of Bob.

SLifestyles: Pfft. Who'd want a SUB-genius church when this blog could be their "Church of Pure Genius"? Tom Cruise is a crazy scientology freak. If he laughed at you because you were Wiccan, what would you say and do to him?
MR:  I would say, "Watch it buddy, you may have a Critically Low E-Meter Reading". Anyhow, I prefer Jenna Elfman over the cruise boy.

SLifestyles: I don't trust any of those aliens. I do hope Katie escapes soon. Got any advice for any new DJ's trying to make it big?
MR: Well, there's too many out there that want to be "a dj" and not enough DJs that are for real. I am not bashing up and coming DJs, in fact I hope the art continues into the future, but my advice is this: Study how real DJs spin. Find a music genre you really love and start with that. Practice, practice, practice. You won't learn it on youtube. The real test to DJing is when you play in front of a crowd. So playing in your bedroom and then online is an experience but you won't really get the amazing feelings when you play live in front of a crowd. Try to be original and learn how to mix. Whether you are a radio DJ or a club/rave DJ, learn the differences. And most of all, you really have to love doing this as well as sacrifice countless hours, money and your sanity to move upwards. It wont happen over night, that's for sure.

SLifestyles: Follow that advice and you'll have you're own groupie sluts under your booth at the clubs. A quote, motto that sums up your "second life?
MR: What is reality but what you make of it. Or: Now is the only thing that is real.

SLifestyles: Probably from the Witch Bible or Melissa Ethridge lyrics. When you are getting pumped up for a show in front of your thousands of fans, what songs goes through your head to get you in the mood? Perhaps Black Magic Woman, Witchy Woman, or Season of the Witch? 
MR:  Good one. How about The Witch by the Cult? I wouldn't say Ding Dong The Witch is Dead in this context, but again, as Oz symbolism, I like that.

SLifestyles: Any new projects coming up that you haven't yet conquered?
MR: Oh sure, I have a nice spot to DJ at Trance Evolution's "Trance Revolution" party coming up. This is by far SL's biggest trance party. I also am working on getting g.h.o.s.t. up to standards, well mine and the staff's standards. As well, planning an event for summer at Zapp. Also an industrial art exhibit at g.h.o.s.t. complete with dada, abstract, surreal or whatever strange and eye opening art, with real life performance artists and DJs spinning noise, experimental and old "skool" industrial type music.

     And with that, I heard a high-pitched laugh out my window, and turned to see a green-faced freak on a broom go down the street. So, I had to cut the interview short to chase down my retarded maid trying to steal my stuff again. Shame because, as I walked, Megan to her car, I realized that she was waayy hotter than those Charmed or Buffy bitches and definitely would've hit that. Do yourself a favor and catch her DJ or drop by her club, g.h.o.s.t. (Guys, you'll have to make a female avi to get in)


No comments:

Post a Comment